June is National Safety Month
Did you know June is National Safety Month? According to the National Safety Council (NSC) injuries are a leading cause of disability for people of all ages and the leading cause of death for Americans ages 1 to 44. Here are some ways you can make a difference in your community.
- Encourage communities, workplaces, families, and individuals to identify and report safety hazards.
- Add information about ways to stay safe in your newsletter.
- Share on Twitter, Facebook, your Blog or any other platform you use about National Safety Month.
- Host a community event for families to learn about ways to prevent injuries.
How Can National Safety Month Make a Difference?
By raising awareness about what it takes to stay safe, everyone can get involved in reducing the risk of injuries. Together, we can share information about steps people can take to protect themselves and others. Here are some other topics that may be helpful to address this month.
- Prescription painkiller abuse
- Transportation safety
- Emergency preparedness
- Slips, trips, and fall prevention
- Heat Exhaustion
We can all use this month to raise awareness about important safety issues. Spread the word about ways to reduce the risk of injuries!